Have you ever wondered how banks work? These videos are helpful in building an understanding of how banks function and the purpose they serve. They were developed by Salman Khan of the Khan Academy and are licensed under a Creative Commons 3.0 License.
- Banking 1: Introduction
- Banking 2: A Bank’s Income Statement
- Banking 3: Fractional Reserve Banking.
- Banking 4: Multiplier Effect And The Money Supply
- Banking 5: Introduction To Bank Notes
- Banking 6: Bank Notes and Checks
Section 3: Loans and Reserve Ratios
- Banking 7: Giving Out Loans Without Giving Out Gold
- Banking 8: Reserve Ratios
- Banking 9: More On Reserve Ratios
Section 4: Leverage, Reserve Bank, Treasuries
- Banking 10: Introduction To Leverage
- Banking 11: A Reserve Bank
- Banking 12: Treasuries (Government Debt)
Section 5: Open Market Operations and Fed Funds Rate
- Banking 13: Open Market Operations
- Banking 14: Fed Funds Rate
- Banking 15: More On The Fed Funds Rate
Section 6: Target Rates, Gold and Big Picture
- Banking 16: Why Target Rates vs. Money Supply
- Banking 17: What Happened To The Gold?
- Banking 18: Big Picture Discussion